Pearson wins 100 hurdles in championship record
Daegu: Sally Pearson ran the fastest 100-meter hurdles race in almost two decades Saturday to win gold at the world championships, a stunning performance by the Australian in a night of upsets at the world championships.
In the high jump, Anna Chicherova of Russia beat two-time defending champion Blanka Vlasic of Croatia and Matthias De Zordo of Germany upset favorite Andreas Thorkildsen of Norway to win the men`s javelin.
Pearson`s time of 12.28 seconds was the fastest time since 1992 and moved her up to fourth in the list of performers behind the 12.21 of world-record holder Yordanka Donkova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'
- Sensing tool 'SpiroCall' can measure your lung function over phone call
- WATCH & solve this IPL mystery - What's the connection between Zaheer Khan, Chris Morris and ‘Porcupine’?