Pearson wins 100 hurdles in championship record
Daegu: Sally Pearson ran the fastest 100-meter hurdles race in almost two decades Saturday to win gold at the world championships, a stunning performance by the Australian in a night of upsets at the world championships.
In the high jump, Anna Chicherova of Russia beat two-time defending champion Blanka Vlasic of Croatia and Matthias De Zordo of Germany upset favorite Andreas Thorkildsen of Norway to win the men`s javelin.
Pearson`s time of 12.28 seconds was the fastest time since 1992 and moved her up to fourth in the list of performers behind the 12.21 of world-record holder Yordanka Donkova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan