Phelps wins two in tuneup for Duel in the Pool
Annapolis: US swim star Michael Phelps, the 14-time Olympic champion, won two races in a tuneup event for next week’s Duel in the Pool in England.
Phelps, who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics, captured the 400-yard individual medley and 100-yard backstroke Saturday in the North Baltimore Aquatic Club’s meet at the US Naval Academy.
Phelps improved to 4-for-4 on the weekend as he prepares to join a US team that will compete against an all-star squad from England, Germany and Italy in the nation that will host the 2012 London Olympics.
Bob Bowman, coach for the US swim superstar, said Phelps will train for three weeks in Colorado before competing at a short-course meet in California in January and a long-course meet in Missouri in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player