Phelps wins two in tuneup for Duel in the Pool
Annapolis: US swim star Michael Phelps, the 14-time Olympic champion, won two races in a tuneup event for next week’s Duel in the Pool in England.
Phelps, who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics, captured the 400-yard individual medley and 100-yard backstroke Saturday in the North Baltimore Aquatic Club’s meet at the US Naval Academy.
Phelps improved to 4-for-4 on the weekend as he prepares to join a US team that will compete against an all-star squad from England, Germany and Italy in the nation that will host the 2012 London Olympics.
Bob Bowman, coach for the US swim superstar, said Phelps will train for three weeks in Colorado before competing at a short-course meet in California in January and a long-course meet in Missouri in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef