Phelps wins two in tuneup for Duel in the Pool
Annapolis: US swim star Michael Phelps, the 14-time Olympic champion, won two races in a tuneup event for next week’s Duel in the Pool in England.
Phelps, who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics, captured the 400-yard individual medley and 100-yard backstroke Saturday in the North Baltimore Aquatic Club’s meet at the US Naval Academy.
Phelps improved to 4-for-4 on the weekend as he prepares to join a US team that will compete against an all-star squad from England, Germany and Italy in the nation that will host the 2012 London Olympics.
Bob Bowman, coach for the US swim superstar, said Phelps will train for three weeks in Colorado before competing at a short-course meet in California in January and a long-course meet in Missouri in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir