Pinki Pramanik claims her life is threatened
Kolkata: Asian Games gold medallist Pinki Pramanik today filed a complaint with the police that she was receiving threats to her life and that her former roommate had taken away her medals, gold ornaments and other belongings when leaving her house.
"I feel threatened. I will like to have personal security," Pinki said when she went to Baguiati Police Station in North 24-Parganas district to report as per her bail condition.
According to police sources, she later filed a formal FIR alleging that she had been receiving threat calls.
She also alleged in the FIR that after coming back home on getting bail on July 11, she found that some of her medals, gold chains, bracelets, rings, video cameras, washing machine and other belongings were missing and charged her live-in partner with taking them away.
Pinki has been directed by the court to report at the police station once a week and also not to leave the district without the court`s permission.
Expressing desire to meet Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to inform her about her plight, Pinki said, "I want to meet Didi, but my bail condition does not allow me to leave the district."
Pramanik was arrested on June 14 after she was accused of being a male by her live-in partner, a 30-year-old estranged woman, who also alleged she was raped by Pinki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark