Pistol shooter Vijay Kumar World No.2
New Delhi: London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar climbed up a place to be ranked World No.2 in the men`s 25-metre rapid fire pistol category in the latest list issued by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
Vijay has 2,665 points compared to top-ranked Pupo Leuris`s 3,364. Leuris won the gold in London.
"I am eagerly waiting to compete in the ISSF World Cups next year and will give my best shot there to soon become the World No.1," said Vijay from his training base at Mhow.
Olympic bronze medallist Gagan Narang too climbed up a place to become No.5 in the men`s 10-metre air rifle category.
Kolkata`s Joydeep Karmakar, who finished fourth in London, retained his No.6 position in the men`s 50-metre rifle prone while double trap shooter Ronjan Sodhi retained his No.7 spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal