Pistorius ‘almost accidentally’ shot friend in Johannesburg restaurant
Johannesburg: In a further blow to convicted Paralympics champion Oscar Pistorius, a friend of both Pistorius and his slain girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was almost shot when Pistorius ‘accidentally’ fired a gunshot in a busy restaurant in Johannesburg, according to a report.
Kevin Lerena, a friend of Pistorius, said that the bullet hit the ground close to his foot, although Lerena claimed that it was a ‘freak’ accident.
According to Lerena, the gun, which he said belonged to one of the Paralympics’ sprinter friends who was also in the restaurant during that day, went off when Pistorius accidentally released the safety catch of the gun as it caught on his trousers.
The manager of the restaurant Jason Loupis said that they did not report the incident to the police because Pistorius, Steenkamp and their friends, who were regular customers, denied the incident, when the restaurant staff went to investigate the shot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog