Pistorius’ ‘bullet in chamber’ Nike ad removed from his website
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Johannesburg: Hours after inspirational Paralympian Oscar Pistorius was charged with the murder of his model girlfriend who was shot inside his home in South Africa, a Nike ad featuring him with the catchline “I am bullet in the chamber” has been removed from his Web site.
However the officials of the international sportswear brand declined to comment on its future relationship with Pistorius. The Paralympian superstar has appeared in a number of commercials for the company since 2008.
Oscar’s girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was shot in the head and her arm and died instantly, although the details surrounding the incident remain unclear.
Earlier in the day, Pistorius was questioned for hours by the police officials who confirmed the charges against him and said they have planned to oppose his expected application for bail at a court hearing scheduled for Friday.
The reports have said that Pistorius’ hearing was originally scheduled for Thursday afternoon but it was later postponed until Friday to give forensic investigators time to carry out their work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'