Pistorius could face homicide conviction even if cleared of murder
Johannesburg: Some experts, who are not involved in the case, reportedly said that Oscar Pistorius could still be vulnerable to a homicide conviction even if he is acquitted of murdering his girlfriend as he had violated the basic principles of gun handling.
The experts said that Pistorius, who goes on trial for murdering his girlfriend on 03 March, could be vulnerable because he shot into a closed door without knowing who was behind it according to his account.
According to News 24, parts of the trial would be broadcast live on television as the Pistorius trial has some similarity with the OJ Simpson case in the United States 20 years ago because of the celebrity factor and the sensational allegations.
The Paralympic double-amputee runner had said in his defense that he thought his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was a nighttime intruder in his home during the early hours of Valentine`s Day last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites