Pistorius’ deceased girlfriend suffered traumatic past
London: Oscar Pistorius` girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp`s family has revealed that the 29-year old model was left traumatized by a burglary two years ago, when she hid in a locked bedroom.
The incident echoes Steenkamp`s Valentine`s Day killing by boyfriend Pistorius reports a leading English daily.
Steenkamp had received therapy after raiders smashed their way into her Johannesburg apartment and ransacked it while she hid, the paper said.
Steenkamp`s uncle Mike said that trauma might have influenced what unfolded when she died, adding two years ago it was the same style of locking herself in.
Paralympian Pistorius claims he shot Steenkamp multiple times, thinking she was a burglar hiding in his toilet, and his defence team said he shouted for girlfriend Reeva to call the police, unaware it was her in the bathroom, the paper added.
However, police in South Africa claims Steenkamp ran to the toilet in fright and locked herself in after the couple argued. Meanwhile, murder suspect Pistorius has been bailed until June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Brexit vote sends new shocks through financial markets, political chaos deepens
- Wimbledon: World No. 223 dumps out Ana Ivanovic in first round
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan