Pistorius’ deceased girlfriend suffered traumatic past
London: Oscar Pistorius` girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp`s family has revealed that the 29-year old model was left traumatized by a burglary two years ago, when she hid in a locked bedroom.
The incident echoes Steenkamp`s Valentine`s Day killing by boyfriend Pistorius reports a leading English daily.
Steenkamp had received therapy after raiders smashed their way into her Johannesburg apartment and ransacked it while she hid, the paper said.
Steenkamp`s uncle Mike said that trauma might have influenced what unfolded when she died, adding two years ago it was the same style of locking herself in.
Paralympian Pistorius claims he shot Steenkamp multiple times, thinking she was a burglar hiding in his toilet, and his defence team said he shouted for girlfriend Reeva to call the police, unaware it was her in the bathroom, the paper added.
However, police in South Africa claims Steenkamp ran to the toilet in fright and locked herself in after the couple argued. Meanwhile, murder suspect Pistorius has been bailed until June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued