Pistorius’ deceased girlfriend suffered traumatic past
London: Oscar Pistorius` girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp`s family has revealed that the 29-year old model was left traumatized by a burglary two years ago, when she hid in a locked bedroom.
The incident echoes Steenkamp`s Valentine`s Day killing by boyfriend Pistorius reports a leading English daily.
Steenkamp had received therapy after raiders smashed their way into her Johannesburg apartment and ransacked it while she hid, the paper said.
Steenkamp`s uncle Mike said that trauma might have influenced what unfolded when she died, adding two years ago it was the same style of locking herself in.
Paralympian Pistorius claims he shot Steenkamp multiple times, thinking she was a burglar hiding in his toilet, and his defence team said he shouted for girlfriend Reeva to call the police, unaware it was her in the bathroom, the paper added.
However, police in South Africa claims Steenkamp ran to the toilet in fright and locked herself in after the couple argued. Meanwhile, murder suspect Pistorius has been bailed until June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday