Pistorius’ deceased girlfriend suffered traumatic past
London: Oscar Pistorius` girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp`s family has revealed that the 29-year old model was left traumatized by a burglary two years ago, when she hid in a locked bedroom.
The incident echoes Steenkamp`s Valentine`s Day killing by boyfriend Pistorius reports a leading English daily.
Steenkamp had received therapy after raiders smashed their way into her Johannesburg apartment and ransacked it while she hid, the paper said.
Steenkamp`s uncle Mike said that trauma might have influenced what unfolded when she died, adding two years ago it was the same style of locking herself in.
Paralympian Pistorius claims he shot Steenkamp multiple times, thinking she was a burglar hiding in his toilet, and his defence team said he shouted for girlfriend Reeva to call the police, unaware it was her in the bathroom, the paper added.
However, police in South Africa claims Steenkamp ran to the toilet in fright and locked herself in after the couple argued. Meanwhile, murder suspect Pistorius has been bailed until June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her