Pistorius `forgets` pin to unlock iPhone he used on girlfriend`s murder night
London: Paralympian sprint star Oscar Pistorius has `forgotten` the four-digit pin needed to unlock a cell phone he was using on the night his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was shot dead in his house.
Reports in UK media said police had been forced to seek help from Apple in America to gain access to an iPhone 5 found on the floor of the bathroom in which Steenkamp was shot.
Prosecutors believe the phone contains vital evidence.
Lieutenant General Vineshkumar Moonoo, who is leading the investigation, said Pistorius did not remember the code, and they were unable to access messages sent or received that night.
He said that the messages could be crucial for investigation and Apple executives in America have made their technicians available to unlock the cell phone.
Pistorius will appear in court again on 19 August 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail