Pistorius `forgets` pin to unlock iPhone he used on girlfriend`s murder night
London: Paralympian sprint star Oscar Pistorius has `forgotten` the four-digit pin needed to unlock a cell phone he was using on the night his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was shot dead in his house.
Reports in UK media said police had been forced to seek help from Apple in America to gain access to an iPhone 5 found on the floor of the bathroom in which Steenkamp was shot.
Prosecutors believe the phone contains vital evidence.
Lieutenant General Vineshkumar Moonoo, who is leading the investigation, said Pistorius did not remember the code, and they were unable to access messages sent or received that night.
He said that the messages could be crucial for investigation and Apple executives in America have made their technicians available to unlock the cell phone.
Pistorius will appear in court again on 19 August 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam