Pistorius `forgets` pin to unlock iPhone he used on girlfriend`s murder night
London: Paralympian sprint star Oscar Pistorius has `forgotten` the four-digit pin needed to unlock a cell phone he was using on the night his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was shot dead in his house.
Reports in UK media said police had been forced to seek help from Apple in America to gain access to an iPhone 5 found on the floor of the bathroom in which Steenkamp was shot.
Prosecutors believe the phone contains vital evidence.
Lieutenant General Vineshkumar Moonoo, who is leading the investigation, said Pistorius did not remember the code, and they were unable to access messages sent or received that night.
He said that the messages could be crucial for investigation and Apple executives in America have made their technicians available to unlock the cell phone.
Pistorius will appear in court again on 19 August 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui