Pistorius `forgets` pin to unlock iPhone he used on girlfriend`s murder night
London: Paralympian sprint star Oscar Pistorius has `forgotten` the four-digit pin needed to unlock a cell phone he was using on the night his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was shot dead in his house.
Reports in UK media said police had been forced to seek help from Apple in America to gain access to an iPhone 5 found on the floor of the bathroom in which Steenkamp was shot.
Prosecutors believe the phone contains vital evidence.
Lieutenant General Vineshkumar Moonoo, who is leading the investigation, said Pistorius did not remember the code, and they were unable to access messages sent or received that night.
He said that the messages could be crucial for investigation and Apple executives in America have made their technicians available to unlock the cell phone.
Pistorius will appear in court again on 19 August 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug