Pistorius owned ‘steadily expanding’ gun collection
Johannesburg: Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius had steadily become a keen collector of firearms during his Olympic year, according to an official at a South African gun collectors` club where Pistorius was a member.
Lowveld Firearm Collectors Association vice chairperson John Beare has said that Pistorius had purchased a semi-automatic rifle for his expanding firearm collection at the end of last year, News24 reports.
That coincided with the early stages of Pistorius``s romance with Reeva Steenkamp, whom he shot and killed at his home in the early hours of Valentine’s Day this year, the report added.
According to Beare, Pistorius had also bought a collection of American manufactured pistols and shotguns, which the official said were a favourite of the sprinter.
Prosecutors have charged Pistorius with premeditated murder for killing Steenkamp with three of four shots fired from his 9mm pistol, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!