Pistorius owned ‘steadily expanding’ gun collection
Johannesburg: Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius had steadily become a keen collector of firearms during his Olympic year, according to an official at a South African gun collectors` club where Pistorius was a member.
Lowveld Firearm Collectors Association vice chairperson John Beare has said that Pistorius had purchased a semi-automatic rifle for his expanding firearm collection at the end of last year, News24 reports.
That coincided with the early stages of Pistorius``s romance with Reeva Steenkamp, whom he shot and killed at his home in the early hours of Valentine’s Day this year, the report added.
According to Beare, Pistorius had also bought a collection of American manufactured pistols and shotguns, which the official said were a favourite of the sprinter.
Prosecutors have charged Pistorius with premeditated murder for killing Steenkamp with three of four shots fired from his 9mm pistol, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS