Pistorius` tweet `thanking fans for support` revealed to be fake
Pretoria: The Blade Runner athlete, released on bail on Friday after being charged with premeditated murder over the Valentine`s Day death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, has not issued any public comments, the Daily Mirror reports.
It was believed that the double amputee penned a message on his elder brother Carl`s Twitter account, but a spokeswoman later said this was not the case and that the account had been hacked, the paper said.
The message, thanking `every person that has prayed for both families` and signed by "Osca" was posted using the carlpistorius handle, the paper added.
Pistorius family spokeswoman Janine Hills said: "Carl did not tweet this afternoon, out of respect to Oscar and Reeva. We are busy cancelling all the social media sites for both Oscar`s brother and his sister.
As of this evening, Carl Pistorius`s Twitter account had been taken down while those belonging to his brother and sister Aimee remained, the paper reported.
Paralympic athlete Pistorius, known as the "Blade Runner", was granted bail following a four-day hearing in Pretoria, South Africa, a week after he shot Steenkamp dead at his home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!