Pistorius` tweet `thanking fans for support` revealed to be fake
Pretoria: The Blade Runner athlete, released on bail on Friday after being charged with premeditated murder over the Valentine`s Day death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, has not issued any public comments, the Daily Mirror reports.
It was believed that the double amputee penned a message on his elder brother Carl`s Twitter account, but a spokeswoman later said this was not the case and that the account had been hacked, the paper said.
The message, thanking `every person that has prayed for both families` and signed by "Osca" was posted using the carlpistorius handle, the paper added.
Pistorius family spokeswoman Janine Hills said: "Carl did not tweet this afternoon, out of respect to Oscar and Reeva. We are busy cancelling all the social media sites for both Oscar`s brother and his sister.
As of this evening, Carl Pistorius`s Twitter account had been taken down while those belonging to his brother and sister Aimee remained, the paper reported.
Paralympic athlete Pistorius, known as the "Blade Runner", was granted bail following a four-day hearing in Pretoria, South Africa, a week after he shot Steenkamp dead at his home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH