Pistorius` tweet `thanking fans for support` revealed to be fake
Pretoria: The Blade Runner athlete, released on bail on Friday after being charged with premeditated murder over the Valentine`s Day death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, has not issued any public comments, the Daily Mirror reports.
It was believed that the double amputee penned a message on his elder brother Carl`s Twitter account, but a spokeswoman later said this was not the case and that the account had been hacked, the paper said.
The message, thanking `every person that has prayed for both families` and signed by "Osca" was posted using the carlpistorius handle, the paper added.
Pistorius family spokeswoman Janine Hills said: "Carl did not tweet this afternoon, out of respect to Oscar and Reeva. We are busy cancelling all the social media sites for both Oscar`s brother and his sister.
As of this evening, Carl Pistorius`s Twitter account had been taken down while those belonging to his brother and sister Aimee remained, the paper reported.
Paralympic athlete Pistorius, known as the "Blade Runner", was granted bail following a four-day hearing in Pretoria, South Africa, a week after he shot Steenkamp dead at his home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself