Please stop promoting and shielding corrupt officials: Tytler
New Delhi: Former IOA vice-president Jagdish Tytler on Saturday urged the National Sports Federations of the country to avoid "promoting and shielding" tainted officials who are in charge of the NSFs.
"Right from day one, I have been repeatedly appealing to everyone to keep sports clean. I had also mentioned that the future of Indian sports persons and reputation of India should not be put at stake at the cost of promoting and shielding persons under trial for corruption charges in sports administration," Tytler said referring to Lalit Bhanot, who has been charged for offences of forgery, cheating and conspiracy in a Commonwealth Games-related graft case.
"Further, the IOC`s ethic commission had also specifically named a few people and instructed to keep them away from election process but we still insisted on not listening to anybody. I fail to understand why we are aliging with people who are going against IOC directions."
"It is time to show that no man is indispensable neither me nor you or Lalit Bhanot and people like him; let the system take its own course, let us not spoil it. Let us save ourselves from being embarrassment for our future generation," he added.
Bhanot has been unanimously elected as the secretary general while Abhay Singh Chautala was elected as the president of the IOA in its cotroversy-marred polls earlier this month.
Tytler also criticised the IOA for going ahead with their elections despite IOC`s suspension threat.
"Despite of all, we went into elections and saw the consequences. On 4th of December 2012 Indian Olympic Association (IOA) was suspended putting the whole nation at shock and sportspersons at panic," he wrote in his letter to the all the NSFs of the country.
Tytler asked former IOA acting president Vijay Kumar Malhotra and secretary general Randhir Singh to take corrective steps to take Indian sports out of the mess.
"The IOC requested Randhir Singh to take all necessary measures and if appropriate, any legal action at national level against these individuals in order to protect all assets and properties of the suspended IOA.
"Since IOC has only recognised Vijay Kumar Malhotra and Randhir Singh, it is high time that these two people should sit together and find a way to get out of this mess," he said.
"I personally believe that logically these two people should take the initiative and act as IOC Ambassdors and initiate talks with the Indian Government," said Tytler, who is the president of the Judo Federation of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in