Podium for Sharath Gayakwad at IDM Berlin 2014
New Delhi: Ace Paralympic swimmer Sharath Gayakwad finished third in the 100m Butterfly, S8 category, at IDM Berlin 2014. Swimming in the Fastskin LZR Racer, Sharath clocked a time of 1.09.31 seconds, missing his personal best of 1.07.12 which he achieved in London 2012.
Sharath was beaten to the podium by the Danish Niels Korfitz Mortensen and the British Oliver Hynd, who both finished their race in 1.07.74 seconds and 1.08.34 seconds respectively. Sharath, who is also India`s sole representative at the International German Championships, will be participating in six more events including the 50m, 100m and 400m Freestyle, the 100m Backstroke and the 100m Breaststroke and will be competing in the 200m Individual Medley, a release said.
Sharath is looking forward to using this championship as a platform to qualify for the Asia Para Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'