Pop group JYJ publicity envoy for 2014 Asiad
Seoul: The organising committee of the 2014 Incheon Asian Games said Tuesday that South Korea`s pop group JYJ will act as the grand continental event`s publicity ambassador.
"We hope JYJ`s international fame will help increase Asian people`s awareness of the Incheon Asian Games and make the event a success," said Kim Young-soo, president of the organising committee.
JYJ is a three-member boy band, who travelled 15 cities across the country 2011-12 on a concert tour and drew an audience of over 210,000.
The Incheon Asian Games are slated from Sep 19 to Oct 4 in 2014 and will feature 36 events. It is also expected to attract 20,000 athletes and officials from 45 countries and regions of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!