Pop group JYJ publicity envoy for 2014 Asiad
Seoul: The organising committee of the 2014 Incheon Asian Games said Tuesday that South Korea`s pop group JYJ will act as the grand continental event`s publicity ambassador.
"We hope JYJ`s international fame will help increase Asian people`s awareness of the Incheon Asian Games and make the event a success," said Kim Young-soo, president of the organising committee.
JYJ is a three-member boy band, who travelled 15 cities across the country 2011-12 on a concert tour and drew an audience of over 210,000.
The Incheon Asian Games are slated from Sep 19 to Oct 4 in 2014 and will feature 36 events. It is also expected to attract 20,000 athletes and officials from 45 countries and regions of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday