Powell plans indoor season ahead of Olympics
Brussels: Former 100-meter world-record holder Asafa Powell is planning to run a winter indoor season for the first time in eight years to prepare for the London Olympics.
A groin injury forced the Jamaican sprinter to withdraw from the outdoor world championships in August in Daegu, South Korea. He`s returned to training and will target the indoor worlds in March in Istanbul.
His agent Paul Doyle says Powell will run the 60 meters, but doesn`t expect him to run more than a few races.
In Powell`s absence, Jamaican teammate Yohan Blake won the 100 world title in Daegu and Usain Bolt defended his 200 title before adding a world record in winning the 4x100 relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth