Powell plans indoor season ahead of Olympics
Brussels: Former 100-meter world-record holder Asafa Powell is planning to run a winter indoor season for the first time in eight years to prepare for the London Olympics.
A groin injury forced the Jamaican sprinter to withdraw from the outdoor world championships in August in Daegu, South Korea. He`s returned to training and will target the indoor worlds in March in Istanbul.
His agent Paul Doyle says Powell will run the 60 meters, but doesn`t expect him to run more than a few races.
In Powell`s absence, Jamaican teammate Yohan Blake won the 100 world title in Daegu and Usain Bolt defended his 200 title before adding a world record in winning the 4x100 relay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH