Powell plans indoor season ahead of Olympics
Brussels: Former 100-meter world-record holder Asafa Powell is planning to run a winter indoor season for the first time in eight years to prepare for the London Olympics.
A groin injury forced the Jamaican sprinter to withdraw from the outdoor world championships in August in Daegu, South Korea. He`s returned to training and will target the indoor worlds in March in Istanbul.
His agent Paul Doyle says Powell will run the 60 meters, but doesn`t expect him to run more than a few races.
In Powell`s absence, Jamaican teammate Yohan Blake won the 100 world title in Daegu and Usain Bolt defended his 200 title before adding a world record in winning the 4x100 relay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed