Powell, Simpson to face disciplinary panel in January
Kingston: Former 100-metre sprint world record holder Asafa Powell and his MVP teammate Sherone Simpson are to face the disciplinary panel of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission in January next year.
Simpson will appear Jan 7 and 8 while Powell`s hearing is scheduled for Jan 14-15, reports CMC.
They were among five Jamaicans who tested positive at the World Championship trials in June.
The two were given trial dates during a preliminary hearing at the Jamaica Conference Centre here Friday.
Powell and Simpson had tested positive for the stimulant oxilofrine.
Powell blamed his positive drug test on a range of new nutritional supplements prescribed to him by a Canadian trainer he had only been working with for two months.
Powell and Simpson were among five Jamaicans who were informed in July that they had tested positive for banned substances.
The other three athletes -- discus throwers Allison Randall and Traves Smikle along with high jumper Demar Robinson -- had their preliminary hearings a week ago.
Randall, the only one of the three who was absent from the pre-trial hearing last week, will face the panel Dec 5 and 6.
Robinson will return for his trial Dec 12 and 13 and Smikle will have his trial Dec 16 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress