Powell slow to act in doping investigation
Edinburgh: The criminal doping investigation into former 100 metres world-recod holder Asafa Powell and Jamaica teammate Sherone Simpson, will go ahead, despite being delayed by bureaucratic problems.
According to The Scotsman, prosecutor Andrea Gondolo revealed yesterday that his office has been unable to contact the athletes to ask whether they want to observe the testing of substances sequestered during a police raid in July on their training base in northern Italy.
The athletes can observe the testing themselves or designate a lawyer to do so and they have 20 days to respond once contacted, the report said.
Gondolo said that the problem has been on finding an address to deliver the notification to see if they want to observe the tests, because some of the tests cannot be repeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district