Prannoy sends Taufik crashing out of India Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Haseena Sunil Kumar Prannoy caused the biggest upset of the India Open Super Series Thursday when he ousted former Olympic and World Champion Taufik Hidayat here.
In the men`s singles second round action, Prannoy overcame the legendary Indonesian in 40 minutes with the final score reading 26-24, 21-9 at the Siri Fort Sports Complex.
"I had never ever imagined in my dreams that I would beat him," said an elated Prannoy.
This was the first time the two met.
The 20-year-old Keralite is likely to clash with World No.1 and top seed Lee Chong Wei, who will play later in the day, in the quarterfinals on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance
- Multiple blasts hit two Syrian coastal cities, over 100 killed so far
- India vs Zimbabwe: Complete list of Men in Blue's 16-man squad
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!