Prannoy sends Taufik crashing out of India Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Haseena Sunil Kumar Prannoy caused the biggest upset of the India Open Super Series Thursday when he ousted former Olympic and World Champion Taufik Hidayat here.
In the men`s singles second round action, Prannoy overcame the legendary Indonesian in 40 minutes with the final score reading 26-24, 21-9 at the Siri Fort Sports Complex.
"I had never ever imagined in my dreams that I would beat him," said an elated Prannoy.
This was the first time the two met.
The 20-year-old Keralite is likely to clash with World No.1 and top seed Lee Chong Wei, who will play later in the day, in the quarterfinals on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'