Pre-national shooting championship from Wednesday
Asansol: A 10-day all India 23rd G V Mavalankar (Pre-National) shooting championship will begin at the Chandmari shooting range on the outskirts of Asansol town in West Bengal from Wednesday.
Nearly 2000 shooters from 21 states, including sharp shooters from military and para military are expected to participate in 62 events of junior (boys and girls) and men and women categories.
It is also called a pre-national meet because upcoming and budding shooters who will qualify in Asansol will get the chance to participate in the Delhi national event on December 11, said Virender Kumar Dhall, the organising secretary.
Olympian Joydeep Karmakar will not participate in Asansol because he will participate in the national event directly.
However, West Bengal`s shooters Mumpi Das, Joyshree Das, Joydeb Banerjee, Subhankar Pramanick and Biswan Ganguly will take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'