Pre-national shooting championship from Wednesday
Asansol: A 10-day all India 23rd G V Mavalankar (Pre-National) shooting championship will begin at the Chandmari shooting range on the outskirts of Asansol town in West Bengal from Wednesday.
Nearly 2000 shooters from 21 states, including sharp shooters from military and para military are expected to participate in 62 events of junior (boys and girls) and men and women categories.
It is also called a pre-national meet because upcoming and budding shooters who will qualify in Asansol will get the chance to participate in the Delhi national event on December 11, said Virender Kumar Dhall, the organising secretary.
Olympian Joydeep Karmakar will not participate in Asansol because he will participate in the national event directly.
However, West Bengal`s shooters Mumpi Das, Joyshree Das, Joydeb Banerjee, Subhankar Pramanick and Biswan Ganguly will take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!