Preparatory Camp for World League Final to begin on Dec 28
New Delhi: The training camp of the senior men core probables for the World Hockey League Final to be held in the capital from January 10-18 will begin at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here on Saturday.
India is placed in Pool A with Germany, England and New Zealand, while Australia, Netherlands, Belgium and Argentina are placed in Pool B. India will open its campaign against England on January 10 followed by New Zealand on January 11 and Germany on January 13.
Playing against all top teams of the World in this tournament will be good exposure for the Indian Men Hockey team prior to their preparations for the FIH Men`s World Cup to be held in The Hague, Netherlands from May 31 to June 15.
The 28 senior men core probables will be part of the preparatory camp. The List of Probables is as under:
Goalkeepers: 1. PR Sreejesh 2. PT Rao 3. Harjot Singh
Defenders: 4. Harbir Singh Sandhu 5. Rupinder Pal Singh 6. V R Raghunath 7. Birendra Lakra 8. Gurmail Singh 9. Amit Rohidas 10. Kothajit Singh Khadangbam 11. Gurjinder Singh
Midfielders: 12. S K Uthappa 13. M B Aiyappa 14. Dharamvir Singh 15. Chinglensana Singh Kangujam 16. Sardar Singh 17. Manpreet Singh 18. Danish Mujtaba 19. Satbir Singh
Forwards: 20. Nikkin Thimmaiah 21. Nithin Thimmaiah 22. S V Sunil 23. Mandeep Singh 24. Akashdeep Singh 25. Ramandeep Singh 26. Gurwinder Singh Chandi 27. Affan Yousuf 28. Yuvraj Walmiki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt