President Pranab Mukherjee confers 2013 Padma awards
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former Indian cricket captain Rahul Dravid and Olympic bronze-medallist, boxer Mary Kom, received the Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian honour in the country.
The prolific Indian batsman, also nick-named ‘the wall’ scored 13,288 runs in 164 Tests at an average of 52.31 and amassed 10,889 runs in 344 ODIs, averaging 39.16.
Five-time former world champion and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships Mary Kom did the country proud by winning the Bronze medal in the London Olympics..
Meanwhile, silver medallist at the 2012 London Olympics Vijay Kumar and wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, who bagged the bronze medal in 2012 Olympics received the Padma Shri.
Four other Indian sportperson mountaineer Premlata Agrawal, para-athlete Hosanagara Nagarajegowda Girisha, boxer Dingko Singh and rower Bajrang Lal Takhar were also awarded the Padma Shri.
The Padma awards were given by the honourable President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof