New Delhi: Rejecting reports that players' agreements for the Pro Wrestling League have been delayed, the much-awaited event's promoters Pro-Sportify on Thursday said all the wrestlers, who were bought at the auction, have confirmed their participation for PWL scheduled to be held next month.
The players' auction for the inaugural edition of the PWL took place earlier this month, where six city-based franchisees bought world's top wrestlers to form their respective teams.
Reacting to reports that the franchise owners are yet to get some wrestlers to sign the contracts with just two weeks left for the event to begin, Vishal Gurnani, Director, Pro-Sportify told PTI,
"The work is in progress for the league to happen well in time. The players' contracts are in place and we have written confirmation from all our wrestlers about their participation in the PWL.
"All those wrestlers, who have not yet signed the contracts, will also do it in the days to come. Some have asked for a few modifications in the players' payment clause and those are being worked out," he added.
Gurnani has also clarified that the "visa work for the foreign players is in process".
"We look forward to hosting all the signed 54 wrestlers for the first edition of the PWL," he said.
The PWL organisers also said that they would soon be announcing the sponsors on board.
"Our campaigns are being shot and we promise to roll out an action packed event, starting December 10."
Meanwhile, Wrestling Federation of India president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh said the WFI was looking to provide all the support to the promoters of PWL to make sure that the tournament becomes a grand success.
"We see a great potential in the upcoming PWL league. It will be an honour for us to host some of the iconic players from the world who are going to be a part of the first edition of the league. The federation will give full support to showcase a promising sport to the country and we assure to make it big with years to come," Singh said.