PSPB registers seventh straight win in National Team Chess Championship
Hyderabad: Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) on Monday continued its dominance in the ongoing National Team Chess Championship by winning its seventh straight match to take the lead with 14 match points.
GM Abhijeet Gupta of PSPB beat Sagar Shah of Maharashtra Chess Association.
Shah`s team mate Atul Dahale played a better game against GM Adhiban. The players agreed for a draw on the 38th move with Atul holding a slight advantage and an extra pawn.
Meanwhile GM Sethuraman`s comfortably defeated Snehal Bhosale. PSPB won the match with 3-1 score.
LIC and Indian Railway B team are in the second position with 11 points each.
In the women`s section, Air India maintained the lead with a 3-1 against the young AP RACE. Air India has won all the matches so far and moved on to 12 moves followed by AAI who are trailing with 10 match points.
AAI won all the games on Monday against Goa Chess Association. The final round of Women`s section will be held on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof