PSPB registers seventh straight win in National Team Chess Championship
Hyderabad: Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) on Monday continued its dominance in the ongoing National Team Chess Championship by winning its seventh straight match to take the lead with 14 match points.
GM Abhijeet Gupta of PSPB beat Sagar Shah of Maharashtra Chess Association.
Shah`s team mate Atul Dahale played a better game against GM Adhiban. The players agreed for a draw on the 38th move with Atul holding a slight advantage and an extra pawn.
Meanwhile GM Sethuraman`s comfortably defeated Snehal Bhosale. PSPB won the match with 3-1 score.
LIC and Indian Railway B team are in the second position with 11 points each.
In the women`s section, Air India maintained the lead with a 3-1 against the young AP RACE. Air India has won all the matches so far and moved on to 12 moves followed by AAI who are trailing with 10 match points.
AAI won all the games on Monday against Goa Chess Association. The final round of Women`s section will be held on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming