PSPB registers seventh straight win in National Team Chess Championship
Hyderabad: Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) on Monday continued its dominance in the ongoing National Team Chess Championship by winning its seventh straight match to take the lead with 14 match points.
GM Abhijeet Gupta of PSPB beat Sagar Shah of Maharashtra Chess Association.
Shah`s team mate Atul Dahale played a better game against GM Adhiban. The players agreed for a draw on the 38th move with Atul holding a slight advantage and an extra pawn.
Meanwhile GM Sethuraman`s comfortably defeated Snehal Bhosale. PSPB won the match with 3-1 score.
LIC and Indian Railway B team are in the second position with 11 points each.
In the women`s section, Air India maintained the lead with a 3-1 against the young AP RACE. Air India has won all the matches so far and moved on to 12 moves followed by AAI who are trailing with 10 match points.
AAI won all the games on Monday against Goa Chess Association. The final round of Women`s section will be held on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why