Pune to host Asian Athletics Championships
New Delhi: The 20th Asian Athletics Championships will be held in Pune from July 3-7, the Athletics Athletics Federation of India (AFI) said today.
"Pune will host the Asian Athletics Championships from July 3 to 7. The decision was taken today," AFI President Adille Sumariwala said.
The continental event was to be held in Tamil Nadu originally but the state government had refused to host it on political grounds.
Delhi too had backed off from being the alternate venue for the Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal