Punjab keep top place with win over Mumbai
Jalandhar: Deepak Thakur scored the decisive goal in the fourth quarter as Sher-e-Punjab kept perched on top with a close 2-1 victory over Mumbai Marines in their World Series Hockey match on Wednesday.
Bikramkeet Singh scored the first goal for the hosts in the 11th minute on a penalty corner while M Hariprasad (40) scored the equaliser for his side.
After squandering many a chances in the second and third quarters, Punjab adopted a cautious approach in the final quarter.
Thakur then struck a brilliant field goal to give his side lead, which they maintained till the end. Mumbai too got chances to comeback but could not convert those.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal