Punjab to strive for Kabaddi`s inclusion in Olympics: Badal
Muktsar: Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal thursday said the state government would soon take up the matter with the Centre to include Kabbadi in the Olympic programme.
Badal said he would discuss the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Sports Minister Jitendra Singh to include Punjab`s mother game Kabbadi in the Olympic Games.
The chief minister was interacting with the mediapersons on the sidelines of the 4th World Kabbadi tournament at Doda here.
He said the overwhelming response to Kabbadi from across the globe and successful organisation of the World Kabbadi tournaments by the state government has created a sporting atmosphere in the country.
Badal, while interacting with the players of visiting Kabaddi teams, said concerted efforts have been made by the state government to popularise Kabaddi at the world level by organising international tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test