Punjab to strive for Kabaddi`s inclusion in Olympics: Badal
Muktsar: Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal thursday said the state government would soon take up the matter with the Centre to include Kabbadi in the Olympic programme.
Badal said he would discuss the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Sports Minister Jitendra Singh to include Punjab`s mother game Kabbadi in the Olympic Games.
The chief minister was interacting with the mediapersons on the sidelines of the 4th World Kabbadi tournament at Doda here.
He said the overwhelming response to Kabbadi from across the globe and successful organisation of the World Kabbadi tournaments by the state government has created a sporting atmosphere in the country.
Badal, while interacting with the players of visiting Kabaddi teams, said concerted efforts have been made by the state government to popularise Kabaddi at the world level by organising international tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh