Punjab to strive for Kabaddi`s inclusion in Olympics: Badal
Muktsar: Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal thursday said the state government would soon take up the matter with the Centre to include Kabbadi in the Olympic programme.
Badal said he would discuss the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Sports Minister Jitendra Singh to include Punjab`s mother game Kabbadi in the Olympic Games.
The chief minister was interacting with the mediapersons on the sidelines of the 4th World Kabbadi tournament at Doda here.
He said the overwhelming response to Kabbadi from across the globe and successful organisation of the World Kabbadi tournaments by the state government has created a sporting atmosphere in the country.
Badal, while interacting with the players of visiting Kabaddi teams, said concerted efforts have been made by the state government to popularise Kabaddi at the world level by organising international tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!