Punjab to strive for Kabaddi`s inclusion in Olympics: Badal
Muktsar: Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal thursday said the state government would soon take up the matter with the Centre to include Kabbadi in the Olympic programme.
Badal said he would discuss the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Union Sports Minister Jitendra Singh to include Punjab`s mother game Kabbadi in the Olympic Games.
The chief minister was interacting with the mediapersons on the sidelines of the 4th World Kabbadi tournament at Doda here.
He said the overwhelming response to Kabbadi from across the globe and successful organisation of the World Kabbadi tournaments by the state government has created a sporting atmosphere in the country.
Badal, while interacting with the players of visiting Kabaddi teams, said concerted efforts have been made by the state government to popularise Kabaddi at the world level by organising international tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump