Putin visits Kazan Universiade
Kazan (Russia): For the second time in eight days, president of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin paid a visit here to Universiade Games.
Putin was also present at the opening ceremony of the Universiade July 6, reports Xinhua.
According to a press release, Putin met with members of the Russian national team Saturday, congratulated winners and medallists of the Summer Universiade 2013, and wished success to athletes who are still to participate in the Summer Games 2013.
The meeting was attended by the winners of freestyle wrestling, athletics, fencing, swimming, weightlifting, belt wrestling competitions.
After the meeting which took place in the Rowing Centre, Putin reviewed the work of mobile medical complexes of the Federal medical and biological agency. Their use allows providing a specialised and high-qualified medical assistance to athletes in the vicinity of the place of competitions.
These unique complexes will be used for medical accompaniment for the Russian athletes at the 22nd Winter Olympic Games in Sochi in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown