PV Sindhu drops out of top-10 in world rankings
New Delhi: P.V. Sindhu dropped out of the top-10 for the first time in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released Thursday.
The 18-year-old went down two places to No.12 while city mate Saina Nehwal retained her position at No.4 in the women`s singles rankings. The list is led by World No.1 and reigning Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China.
In the men`s singles rankings, Parupalli Kashyap came down a place to 14th, R.M.V. Gurusaidutt slipped three places to No.23 while Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram slid seven places to No.30.
Anand Pawar, B. Sai Praneeth and K. Srikanth, however, retained their positions at No.37, No.38 and No.39, respectively, while Sourabh Verma slid down 10 places to No.46.
No Indian figures in the top-25 of the men`s, women`s and mixed doubles rankings.
This slide was expected as the majority of the Indian shuttlers did not take part in international competition, including the China Masters Super Series, after the World Championships due to the Indian Badminton League (IBL) and rest period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?