PV Sindhu drops out of top-10 in world rankings
New Delhi: P.V. Sindhu dropped out of the top-10 for the first time in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released Thursday.
The 18-year-old went down two places to No.12 while city mate Saina Nehwal retained her position at No.4 in the women`s singles rankings. The list is led by World No.1 and reigning Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China.
In the men`s singles rankings, Parupalli Kashyap came down a place to 14th, R.M.V. Gurusaidutt slipped three places to No.23 while Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram slid seven places to No.30.
Anand Pawar, B. Sai Praneeth and K. Srikanth, however, retained their positions at No.37, No.38 and No.39, respectively, while Sourabh Verma slid down 10 places to No.46.
No Indian figures in the top-25 of the men`s, women`s and mixed doubles rankings.
This slide was expected as the majority of the Indian shuttlers did not take part in international competition, including the China Masters Super Series, after the World Championships due to the Indian Badminton League (IBL) and rest period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!