Qatar unveils logo of tree for 2020 Olympic bid
Doha (Qatar): A multi-coloured tree has been selected as the logo for Doha`s bid to host the 2020 Olympics. Bid leaders said the idea of the tree was inspired by the Arabic word for Doha- ad-dawha. They said the logo aims to highlight that Doha is "a city for all to experience, to learn in and a place of nurturing."
Organisers today also unveiled a new website and the bid slogan "Inspiring Change."
Qatar, flush with billion of dollars from its oil and gas reserves, is hoping to bring the Olympics to the Middle East for the first time. The country will host the World Cup in 2022.
Doha is competing with Rome, Madrid, Toyko, Istanbul and Baku, Azerbaijan. Bid cities must submit their detailed plans to the IOC before next Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India