Qatar unveils logo of tree for 2020 Olympic bid
Doha (Qatar): A multi-coloured tree has been selected as the logo for Doha`s bid to host the 2020 Olympics. Bid leaders said the idea of the tree was inspired by the Arabic word for Doha- ad-dawha. They said the logo aims to highlight that Doha is "a city for all to experience, to learn in and a place of nurturing."
Organisers today also unveiled a new website and the bid slogan "Inspiring Change."
Qatar, flush with billion of dollars from its oil and gas reserves, is hoping to bring the Olympics to the Middle East for the first time. The country will host the World Cup in 2022.
Doha is competing with Rome, Madrid, Toyko, Istanbul and Baku, Azerbaijan. Bid cities must submit their detailed plans to the IOC before next Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site