Qureshi donates money to Jaspal Rana`s shooting institute
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi on Wednesday gave Rs 51,000 from the Governor`s Discretionary Fund to the Jaspal Rana Institute of Shooting and Sports at Paundha.
The Governor said Uttarakhand had a tradition of valour which the institute was helping to carry forward.
Handing a cheque of Rs 51,000 to institute authorities, Qureshi said he would recommend that the institute be strengthened with support from the state government.
Founder of the institute Narayan Singh Rana, who showed the governor around, said the institute has trained 500 shooters in their facility besides school and college students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement