Qureshi donates money to Jaspal Rana`s shooting institute
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi on Wednesday gave Rs 51,000 from the Governor`s Discretionary Fund to the Jaspal Rana Institute of Shooting and Sports at Paundha.
The Governor said Uttarakhand had a tradition of valour which the institute was helping to carry forward.
Handing a cheque of Rs 51,000 to institute authorities, Qureshi said he would recommend that the institute be strengthened with support from the state government.
Founder of the institute Narayan Singh Rana, who showed the governor around, said the institute has trained 500 shooters in their facility besides school and college students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?