Qureshi donates money to Jaspal Rana`s shooting institute
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi on Wednesday gave Rs 51,000 from the Governor`s Discretionary Fund to the Jaspal Rana Institute of Shooting and Sports at Paundha.
The Governor said Uttarakhand had a tradition of valour which the institute was helping to carry forward.
Handing a cheque of Rs 51,000 to institute authorities, Qureshi said he would recommend that the institute be strengthened with support from the state government.
Founder of the institute Narayan Singh Rana, who showed the governor around, said the institute has trained 500 shooters in their facility besides school and college students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days