R K Shetty resigns as IHF president
New Delhi: In a massive blow to the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF), R K Shetty has resigned as its President citing "personal reasons".
Sources said Shetty had stepped down from the post due to differences with IHF Secretary General Ashok Mathur and Managing Committee member Joaquim Carvalho.
"I have resigned as IHF president due to personal reasons. I decided to resign because I don`t want my personal work to collide with my duties as IHF president," Shetty told PTI from Bangalore.
He, however, said his resignation is yet to be accepted.
"My resignation has not been accepted yet. It will come up for discussion during our Special Annual General Meeting here on November 5," Shetty said.
Asked whether a rift with Mathur and Carvalho was the reason behind his sudden decision, Shetty answered in the negative.
"This is not true. I don`t know from where these rumours came. In any meeting you will have differences on various issues and IHF is no different. But my resignation is completely on personal grounds.
"I might have resigned as president but I will continue to be a member of IHF."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed