R K Shetty resigns as IHF president
New Delhi: In a massive blow to the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF), R K Shetty has resigned as its President citing "personal reasons".
Sources said Shetty had stepped down from the post due to differences with IHF Secretary General Ashok Mathur and Managing Committee member Joaquim Carvalho.
"I have resigned as IHF president due to personal reasons. I decided to resign because I don`t want my personal work to collide with my duties as IHF president," Shetty told PTI from Bangalore.
He, however, said his resignation is yet to be accepted.
"My resignation has not been accepted yet. It will come up for discussion during our Special Annual General Meeting here on November 5," Shetty said.
Asked whether a rift with Mathur and Carvalho was the reason behind his sudden decision, Shetty answered in the negative.
"This is not true. I don`t know from where these rumours came. In any meeting you will have differences on various issues and IHF is no different. But my resignation is completely on personal grounds.
"I might have resigned as president but I will continue to be a member of IHF."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug