R K Shetty resigns as IHF president
New Delhi: In a massive blow to the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF), R K Shetty has resigned as its President citing "personal reasons".
Sources said Shetty had stepped down from the post due to differences with IHF Secretary General Ashok Mathur and Managing Committee member Joaquim Carvalho.
"I have resigned as IHF president due to personal reasons. I decided to resign because I don`t want my personal work to collide with my duties as IHF president," Shetty told PTI from Bangalore.
He, however, said his resignation is yet to be accepted.
"My resignation has not been accepted yet. It will come up for discussion during our Special Annual General Meeting here on November 5," Shetty said.
Asked whether a rift with Mathur and Carvalho was the reason behind his sudden decision, Shetty answered in the negative.
"This is not true. I don`t know from where these rumours came. In any meeting you will have differences on various issues and IHF is no different. But my resignation is completely on personal grounds.
"I might have resigned as president but I will continue to be a member of IHF."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan