Rahul bags three gold in Asian Youth Weightlifting
New Delhi: Ragala Venkat Rahul swept all the three gold in the boys 77kg category as India continued to shine at the 15th Asian Youth Weightlifting Championships on the fourth day in Doha on friday.
Rahul lifted 132kg in snatch and 157kg in clean and jerk for a total lift of 289kg en route to winning all the gold on offer in the weight category.
After four days, India now have secured 27 medals (13 gold, seven silver and seven bronze) in the Championship.
Rahul has been a consistent performer for India and he had won two medals in the IWF Youth Boys World Weightlifting Championships at Tashkent, Uzbekistan in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'