Railway man wins bronze in powerlifting championship
Coimbatore: A ticket examiner from here, working in the Salem Division of Southern Railway, has won bronze medal in squat event in the open world powerlifting championship held at Gurgaon.
S Nagararajan won the medal lifting 350 kgs in the 110 kg category of the event, held during November one to seven, a railway release said.
He was ranked 9th overall in the world at present and won the national powerlifting championship five times so far from 2002, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living