Railway man wins bronze in powerlifting championship
Coimbatore: A ticket examiner from here, working in the Salem Division of Southern Railway, has won bronze medal in squat event in the open world powerlifting championship held at Gurgaon.
S Nagararajan won the medal lifting 350 kgs in the 110 kg category of the event, held during November one to seven, a railway release said.
He was ranked 9th overall in the world at present and won the national powerlifting championship five times so far from 2002, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss