Railway man wins bronze in powerlifting championship
Coimbatore: A ticket examiner from here, working in the Salem Division of Southern Railway, has won bronze medal in squat event in the open world powerlifting championship held at Gurgaon.
S Nagararajan won the medal lifting 350 kgs in the 110 kg category of the event, held during November one to seven, a railway release said.
He was ranked 9th overall in the world at present and won the national powerlifting championship five times so far from 2002, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31