Railways, Haryana enter semis of 3rd HI Sr Wom National C`ship
Lucknow: Defending champion Railways defeated hosts Uttar Pradesh 6-1 to enter the semi-finals of the third Hockey India Senior Women National Championship at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the Guru Govind Singh Sports College here on Sunday.
Scoring thrice in each half, defending champions Railways beat Uttar Pradesh convincingly and became the first team to enter last four round.
Jasjeet Kaur scored the opening goal for Railways in the seventh minute.
But Uttar Pradesh drew parity in the ninth inute later minute through Pratibha Chaudhary`s field goal.
Three minutes later Amandeep Kaur scored another goal to restore the lead before Roselin Dung Dung scored a field goal (23rd minute) as Railways went into the breather with a 3-1 lead.
After the change of ends, Laurenua Kerketta (44th min), Binita Xess (51st min) and Jasjeet Kaur (59th min) scored three more goal to help Railways register a comprehensive win.
In the second quarter-final, Haryana defeated Sports Authority of India 4-1 to join Railways in the semi-finals.
For Haryana, the goal scorers were were Jyoti Sharma (8th minute), Narinder (10th), Monika Dahiya (17th) and Bharti (61st), while Binita Kindu (50 minute) scored the lone goal for SAI.
Quarter-final 1: Railways 6 (Jasjeet Kaur 7, 59, Amandeep Kaur 12, Roselin Dung Dung 23, Laurenua Kerketta 44 and Binita Xess 51) beat Uttar Pradesh 1 (Pratibha Chaudhary 9).
Quarter-final 2: Haryana 4 (Jyoti Sharma 8, Narinder 10, Monika Dahiya 17, Bharti 61) beat Sports Authority of India (Binita Kindu 50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch