Railways, Haryana enter semis of 3rd HI Sr Wom National C`ship
Lucknow: Defending champion Railways defeated hosts Uttar Pradesh 6-1 to enter the semi-finals of the third Hockey India Senior Women National Championship at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the Guru Govind Singh Sports College here on Sunday.
Scoring thrice in each half, defending champions Railways beat Uttar Pradesh convincingly and became the first team to enter last four round.
Jasjeet Kaur scored the opening goal for Railways in the seventh minute.
But Uttar Pradesh drew parity in the ninth inute later minute through Pratibha Chaudhary`s field goal.
Three minutes later Amandeep Kaur scored another goal to restore the lead before Roselin Dung Dung scored a field goal (23rd minute) as Railways went into the breather with a 3-1 lead.
After the change of ends, Laurenua Kerketta (44th min), Binita Xess (51st min) and Jasjeet Kaur (59th min) scored three more goal to help Railways register a comprehensive win.
In the second quarter-final, Haryana defeated Sports Authority of India 4-1 to join Railways in the semi-finals.
For Haryana, the goal scorers were were Jyoti Sharma (8th minute), Narinder (10th), Monika Dahiya (17th) and Bharti (61st), while Binita Kindu (50 minute) scored the lone goal for SAI.
Quarter-final 1: Railways 6 (Jasjeet Kaur 7, 59, Amandeep Kaur 12, Roselin Dung Dung 23, Laurenua Kerketta 44 and Binita Xess 51) beat Uttar Pradesh 1 (Pratibha Chaudhary 9).
Quarter-final 2: Haryana 4 (Jyoti Sharma 8, Narinder 10, Monika Dahiya 17, Bharti 61) beat Sports Authority of India (Binita Kindu 50).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living