Railways, Haryana enter semis of 3rd HI Sr Wom National C`ship
Lucknow: Defending champion Railways defeated hosts Uttar Pradesh 6-1 to enter the semi-finals of the third Hockey India Senior Women National Championship at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium in the Guru Govind Singh Sports College here on Sunday.
Scoring thrice in each half, defending champions Railways beat Uttar Pradesh convincingly and became the first team to enter last four round.
Jasjeet Kaur scored the opening goal for Railways in the seventh minute.
But Uttar Pradesh drew parity in the ninth inute later minute through Pratibha Chaudhary`s field goal.
Three minutes later Amandeep Kaur scored another goal to restore the lead before Roselin Dung Dung scored a field goal (23rd minute) as Railways went into the breather with a 3-1 lead.
After the change of ends, Laurenua Kerketta (44th min), Binita Xess (51st min) and Jasjeet Kaur (59th min) scored three more goal to help Railways register a comprehensive win.
In the second quarter-final, Haryana defeated Sports Authority of India 4-1 to join Railways in the semi-finals.
For Haryana, the goal scorers were were Jyoti Sharma (8th minute), Narinder (10th), Monika Dahiya (17th) and Bharti (61st), while Binita Kindu (50 minute) scored the lone goal for SAI.
Quarter-final 1: Railways 6 (Jasjeet Kaur 7, 59, Amandeep Kaur 12, Roselin Dung Dung 23, Laurenua Kerketta 44 and Binita Xess 51) beat Uttar Pradesh 1 (Pratibha Chaudhary 9).
Quarter-final 2: Haryana 4 (Jyoti Sharma 8, Narinder 10, Monika Dahiya 17, Bharti 61) beat Sports Authority of India (Binita Kindu 50).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27