Railways spank Uttarakhand 19-0 in Sr Women`s Natl hockey
Lucknow: Riding on Binita Xess`s four goals, defending champion Railways spanked Uttarakhand 19-0 in a Pool A league match of the third Hockey India Senior Women National Hockey Championship at Major Dhyan Chand Stadium here on Saturday.
Goal scores for Railways were Binita Xess (10th minute, 23rd, 41st, 42nd), Amandeep Kaur (1st, 11th, 39th), Jasjeet Kaur (20th, 37th), Apoorva V (24th, 32nd), Rosalin Dung Dung (45th, 64th), Joydeep Kaur (6th), Ramneek Kaur (22nd), Rosalind L Ralte (10th), Asunta Lakra (50th), Preety S Kiro (53rd) and Laurenua Kerketta (60th).
In another match of the day, Jharkhand thrashed Kerala 16-0 in Pool C.
For Jharkhand the goal scorers were Sabnam Lakra (9th, 46th, 58th, 63rd, 66th), Kanti Pradhan (32nd, 49th, 55th, 57th), Nisha Rani Aind (14th, 29th), Sarita Lakra (53rd, 67th), Shilwanti Minjur (3rd) and Punita Minz (60th).
In the third match of the day, Odisha outclassed Tripura 19-0 in Pool G.
The scorers for Odisha were Raina Yadav (6th, 10th, 37th, 48th), Mariana Kanjur (12th, 15th, 44th), Ashim Kanchan Barla (16th, 47th, 56th), Priyanka Ekka (49th, 55th, 59th), Sarojini Ekka (28th, 38th), Sarojini Ekka (3rd, 49th), Rashmita Minz (24th) and Punam Minz (58th).
In the other match of the day, Chitra KC struck six goals to help Karnataka register an emphatic 12-2 win over Himachal Pradesh in Pool G.
Meanwhile, in the 3rd Hockey India Junior Women National
Championship held at Ranchi, Uttar Pradesh demolished Tripura 26-0 in Pool G.
Siddhi Singh and Srishti Singh scored seven goals each for UP.
In another match, Mumbai Hockey Association Ltd defeated Hockey Bhopal 5-0.
MHA Ltd scored through Jemima Monterio (36th, 63rd), Ambareen Shaikh (50th), Yogita Pasi (66th) and Bhagyashree Agarwal (70th).
Pool C: MHA Ltd 5 (Jemima Monterio 36, 63, Ambareen Shaikh 50, Yogita Pasi 66 and Bhagyashree Agarwal 70) beat Hockey Bhopal 0.
Pool G: Uttar Pradesh 26 (Kavita Mauryay 2, 29, 64 Siddhi Singh 4, 5, 7, 16, 22,46, 51, Srishti Singh 10, 15, 28, 30, 32, 39,44,Komal Sahni 12, 17,48, 56, 59, 60 Chand Singh 27,Shreya Singh 50, 56) beat Tripura 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP