Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is chairperson of Khel Ratna award selection committee
New Delhi: Athens Olympics silver medallist shooter Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore will chair the 15-member committee, which will select this year`s Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awardee and Arjuna Award winners.
Former hockey captain Aslam Sher Khan will head the 15-member committee which will select the Dronacharya Award winners while Secretary Sports will be the chairperson of the committee which will select the Dhyanchand Award winner.
Apart from several current and former sportspersons, the committees also have representatives from the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and the Sports Ministry.
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award consists of a cash amount of Rs 7.50 lakh, a scroll of honour and one medal. Arjuna Award consists of a statuette, a scroll of honour, and a cash award of Rs five lakh.
Dhyanchand Award consists of a plaque, a scroll of honour, ceremonial dress and a cash award of Rs five lakh.
With a view to recognise the contribution made to sports development by entities other than sportspersons and coaches, the Government had instituted `Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar` which has four categories, namely, community sports development, promotion of sports academies of excellence, support to elite sportspersons and employment to sportspersons. The Award carries a trophy and citation.
The 15-member committee:
1. Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore ( Shooting) Chairperson 2. Shri Rajesh Kumar (Wrestling) Member 3. Ms. Ashwini Nachappa (Athletics) Member 4. Ms. Aparna Popat (Badminton) Member
5. Shri Akhil Kumar (Boxing) Member
6. Shri Khazan Singh (Swimming) Member
7. Shri Baichung Bhutia (Football) Member 8. Ms. G. Mulini Reddy (Volleyball) Member 9. Col. K.S. Garcha (Polo) Member
10. Shri Ravi Shastri (Cricket) Member
11. Col. J.S. Saran, Commanding Officer, Army Marksman Unit (AMU), Mhow Member
12. Shri Manoj Yadav, Secretary,
All India Police Sports Control Board
13. Shri Gopal Krishna, Director General, Sports Authority of India
14. Shri Onkar Kedia, Joint Secretary (Sports) 15. Shri C. Chinnappa, Director (Sports).
Selection Committee for Dronacharya Awards 2012. 1) Aslam Sher Khan( Hockey) Chairperson 2) Rajkumar Sangwan (Boxing), Member
3) Dhanraj Pillai (Hockey), Member
4) Shiny Wilson (Athletics), Member
5) Morad Ali Khan (Shooting), Member
6) K Malleswari (Weightlifting), Member 7) Bahadur Singh (Athletics), Member
8) Bhupender Dhawan (Power lifting), Member 9) G S Sandhu (Boxing), Member
10) Ramphal Mann (Wrestling), Member
11) Prem Chand Degra, (Body Building), Member 12) Injeti Srinivas, Principal Secretary (Sports) Government of Ordisha, Member
13) Gopal Krishna, Director General, SAI, Member 14) Onkar Kedia, Joint Secretary (Sports), Member 15) C Chinnappa, Director (Sports), Member Secretary.
Selection Committee for Dhyanchand Awards 2012.
1) Secretary (Sports) Ex Officio, Chairperson 2) Shakti Singh (Athletics), Member
3) Zafar lqbal (Hockey), Member
4) Shabbir Ali (Football), Member
5) Ram Kumar (Basketball, Member
6) Satpal, Additional Director Sports, Govt. Of NCT Delhi 7) Gopal Krishna, Director General, SAI, Member 8) Onkar Kedia, Joint Secretary (Sports), Member 9) C Chinnappa, Director (Sports) Member Secretary
Selection Committee for Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar.
1) Secretary (Sports) Ex Officio, Chairperson 2) Secretary, Services Sports Control Board, Member 3) Secretary, Petroleum Sports Promotion Board, Member 4) Representative of Associated Chamber of Commerce (ASSOCHAM) 5) Secretary (Sports), Government of Rajasthan 6) Secretary (Sports) Government of Assam 7) Gopal Krishna, Director General, SAI 8) Onkar Kedia, Joint Secretary (Sports) 9) C Chinnappa, Director (Sports) Member Secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report