Ramirez named best boxer in America
Havana: Cuban boxer Robeisy Ramirez, the Olympic gold medalist in the 52 kg class, was named the best of America in 2012.
This is the second time Ramirez receives the award granted by the American Boxing Confederation (ABC), based in Santo Domingo, reports Xinhua.
The Cuban boxer had been selected as the best in 2010, when he took titles in the World Championships and the Youth Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off