Ranchi likely to host semi-finals, final of HIL
New Delhi: Ranchi is most likely to host the semi-final, final and third-fourth place play-off matches of the inaugural Hockey India League to be held across the country from January 14 to February 10.
According to Hockey India sources, Ranchi`s Birsa Munda hockey stadium is almost sure to host the consequential matches of the five-team franchise-based event.
"Ranchi has been handpicked to host the two semi-finals, final and 3rd-4th place match. All the modalities for the smooth conduct of the crucial games is more or less done. An official confirmation regarding this will be given soon," the HI source said.
Ranchi Rhinos CEO Banti Singh has also confirmed the news and said that the organisers had already discussed the matter with Jharkhand Chief Minister, Arjun Munda.
"We have been verbally assured by the organisers of HIL that Ranchi will host the semi-finals, final and 3rd-4th place match. The HIL orgainsers have also interacted with the Jharkhand Chief Minister about the same," Singh told PTI.
If allotted the semi-finals, final and 3rd-4th place match, Ranchi would host 10 matches of the HIL including its six home games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men