Ranchi likely to host semi-finals, final of HIL
New Delhi: Ranchi is most likely to host the semi-final, final and third-fourth place play-off matches of the inaugural Hockey India League to be held across the country from January 14 to February 10.
According to Hockey India sources, Ranchi`s Birsa Munda hockey stadium is almost sure to host the consequential matches of the five-team franchise-based event.
"Ranchi has been handpicked to host the two semi-finals, final and 3rd-4th place match. All the modalities for the smooth conduct of the crucial games is more or less done. An official confirmation regarding this will be given soon," the HI source said.
Ranchi Rhinos CEO Banti Singh has also confirmed the news and said that the organisers had already discussed the matter with Jharkhand Chief Minister, Arjun Munda.
"We have been verbally assured by the organisers of HIL that Ranchi will host the semi-finals, final and 3rd-4th place match. The HIL orgainsers have also interacted with the Jharkhand Chief Minister about the same," Singh told PTI.
If allotted the semi-finals, final and 3rd-4th place match, Ranchi would host 10 matches of the HIL including its six home games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- JNU student arrested for raping foreign national at hostel after getting her drunk
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan celebrates birthday with Bollywood star kids—See who all came!
- Trouble deepens for P Chidambaram's son; ED likely to question him soon
- Thailand dormitory fire kills 17 schoolgirls
- Will not spare my own children if they are involved in illegalities: Arvind Kejriwal in Goa