Raptors centre Valanciunas sidelined by finger injury
Washington: The Toronto Raptors will miss their rookie centre Jonas Valanciunas for up to six weeks while he recovers from a broken ring finger on his right hand.
Valanciunas was battling for a loose ball under the basket when he fell and was hurt during Toronto`s 93-90 victory over Orlando Magic Dec 21 in the NBA basketball tournament, reports Xinhua.
The Lithuanian saw a hand specialist in Toronto who determined that surgery will not be required.
Selected fifth overall in the 2011 NBA draft, Valanciunas has started in all 28 games for the Raptors this season, averaging 7.8 points and 5.2 rebounds.
He is fourth in the league among rookies in rebounds and blocks per game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test