Raptors centre Valanciunas sidelined by finger injury
Washington: The Toronto Raptors will miss their rookie centre Jonas Valanciunas for up to six weeks while he recovers from a broken ring finger on his right hand.
Valanciunas was battling for a loose ball under the basket when he fell and was hurt during Toronto`s 93-90 victory over Orlando Magic Dec 21 in the NBA basketball tournament, reports Xinhua.
The Lithuanian saw a hand specialist in Toronto who determined that surgery will not be required.
Selected fifth overall in the 2011 NBA draft, Valanciunas has started in all 28 games for the Raptors this season, averaging 7.8 points and 5.2 rebounds.
He is fourth in the league among rookies in rebounds and blocks per game.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler