Raptors lose to Clippers
Toronto: Terrence Ross` franchise-tying 51 points was not enough as the Toronto Raptors lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 118-126 in NBA action.
The 51-point performance tied the franchise record for points in a game set by Vince Carter in February 2000, reports Xinhua.
"It feels good," said Ross after the game Saturday night. "You don`t think about. You try to win the game and do whatever."
Three days prior, forward DeMar DeRozan became the first Raptor in three seasons to eclipse the 40-point mark in a victory over the Dallas Mavericks.
Ross started the game 5-6 from the three-point line in the first quarter. He finished the half with 23 points including a franchise-record seven three-pointers in the half.
In the second half, the Raptors lost forward DeMar DeRozan to an ankle injury and Ross became the focus of the offence. Despite being held to three three-pointers in the second half, Ross managed to produce 28 points in the second half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town