Raptors lose to Clippers
Toronto: Terrence Ross` franchise-tying 51 points was not enough as the Toronto Raptors lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 118-126 in NBA action.
The 51-point performance tied the franchise record for points in a game set by Vince Carter in February 2000, reports Xinhua.
"It feels good," said Ross after the game Saturday night. "You don`t think about. You try to win the game and do whatever."
Three days prior, forward DeMar DeRozan became the first Raptor in three seasons to eclipse the 40-point mark in a victory over the Dallas Mavericks.
Ross started the game 5-6 from the three-point line in the first quarter. He finished the half with 23 points including a franchise-record seven three-pointers in the half.
In the second half, the Raptors lost forward DeMar DeRozan to an ankle injury and Ross became the focus of the offence. Despite being held to three three-pointers in the second half, Ross managed to produce 28 points in the second half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre