Rathore`s son wins silver in junior trap event in Finland
New Delhi: Olympic silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore`s teenager son Manavaditya Rathore won a silver medal in the Trap Event at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition being held at Orimatiila, Finland.
Rathore Junior scored 110 out of possible 125 to clinch the second position in the event.
Later, he teamed up with Sunil Sharan and Abhay Rathore to win gold in the team championship as well.
The girls also weren`t left behind as Malika Vig and Varsha Varman battled hard to win silver and bronze medal in the individual trap event.
It was an intense battle as both shot identical scores in the final round but Malika pipped Varsha in the tie-breaker to win the silver.
In the qualification round, it was Varsha, who shout 56 out of possible 75 while Malika managed only 42.
As per new rules of ISSF, the qualification score is not added to the final score and all shooters start with a zero score in Finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire