Rathore wins gold at Asian shotgun meet
New Delhi: It was double delight for Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore as the shooter clinched the individual double trap gold medal and and then equalled the world record in team event at the Asian Shotgun Championship in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.
The world record though will not be recognised as it was shot in an Asian championship.
Silver medallist in the 2004 Athens Olympics, Rathore won the yellow metal in individual event after he shot 46 in the finals. His final score was 194/200.
In the team event, Rathore (148) combined with Mohammad Asab (131) and Yoginder Pal (133) to bag the bronze medal.
Rathore totalled 148 out of 150 after shooting a series of 50, 48, 50 in the qualification round for a new Asian record.
Rathore thanked his fans and well-wishers who had supported him during the tough phase of his career.
"Thanks guys but for u wud hv given up a year ago; guess it pays to never give up. Thank you all as ur support was vital, will train hard thereafter... any result is acceptable to me," Rathore tweeted after his triumph.
Mansher Singh has already won a gold medal in this championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report