Rathore wins gold in shooting nationals
New Delhi: Athens Olympics silver-medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore today clinched the double trap gold medal ahead of former world number one Ronjan Sodhi and Mohammad Asab at the 56th Shooting National Championship here.
In the men`s double trap event, Army`s Rathore shot 144+46 to bag the yellow metal. The silver was won by Mohammad Asab from UP after he totalled 141+46 while Sodhi won the bronze with a score of 138 + 48.
In the double trap junior men`s event, Shayan Masood of Delhi, who finished fourth in the senior section, won the gold with the score of 136. The silver medal was won by Ankur Mittal of Haryana for scoring 134 while Asher Noria of Andhra won the bronze with a score of 131.
In the centre fire pistol men`s event, Omkar Singh of Army was leading on the first day of this event along with Amit Kumar Pilaniya of BSF who scored 289 followed by Samaresh Jung (288).
In the junior category, Akshay Jain of Punjab was leading with a score of 287 followed by Ajitesh Kaushal (283) of ONGC and Samarjit Singh (281) of Uttrakhand.
In the rifle prone women`s event, Deepali Deshpande of Maharashtra was leading with a score of 590 followed by Rajkumari Rathore of MP who shot 589 and Lajja Gauswami (588)of Gujarat.
In the junior category, Karuna Sagar of UP along with Jayashree Das of West Bengal were leading with score of 582 and Tejaswini Muley (589) of Maharashtra followed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi