Ravi Kumar pushed to 2nd place in men`s 77kg
Nagpur: Competing in a higher weight category, Commonwealth Games gold medallist K Ravi Kumar was today pushed to second place by S Sathish Kumar of Railways in men`s 77kg in the 66th Men and 29th Women Senior National Weightlifting Championships here on Monday.
Ravi Kumar, who was taking part in the Senior Nationals after a long injury lay-off, had won gold in the 69kg category in the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games.
On the third day of the Championships at the District Sports Complex here, Sathish bagged all the three gold on offer in men`s 77kg with efforts of 145kg in snatch, 177kg in clean and jerk and 322kg in total lift.
Ravi Kumar had to be content with three silver with efforts of of 141kg in snatch, 175kg in clean and jerk and 316kg in total lift.
Shubham Verma of Haryana bagged a silver each in clean and jerk (169kg) and total lift (300kg) while Velu Prabhu of West Bengal won the snatch bronze with an effort of 139kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir