Record created, recreated at Nat`l Youth Weightlifting C`ship
Itanagar: A record was created and recreated in the boys` 62kg category of the snatch event in the National Youth Weightlifting Championships on Thursday.
Hitlar Sorom Tagru of Arunachal Pradesh created a new national record by lifting the weight of 101kg bettering Sunil Naik`s 100kg lift in 2003 at Kozhikode.
But Achyutananda Sahoo of Orissa recreated the record by lifting 102kg today itself.
In the boys` 56kg, Aruna Santa (Orissa) grabbed three medals by lifting 90kg (Silver) in Snatch, 115kg (Silver) in Clean and Jerk and 205kg (Gold) in total.
TBC Lalchhanhima (Mizoram) also got three medals by lifting 89 kg (Bronze) in Snatch, 115 kg (Gold) in Clean & Jerk and 204 kg (Silver) in total.
Another three-medal winner was Mayur Joshi (Madhya Pradesh). His medals were a result of lifting 93kg (Gold) in Snatch, 102kg (Bronze) in Clean and Jerk and 203kg (Bronze) in total.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'