Reeva Steenkamp laid to rest in Port Elizabeth
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Port Elizabeth: Reeva Steenkamp’s funeral has been held in Port Elizabeth even as Oscar Pistorius’ bail plea is being heard in a court.
The family and friends of Steenkamp have demanded a severe punishment for the 26-year-old who has been charged for her murder.
Gavin Venter, a former Jockey who worked with Reeva’s father has called Pistorius a danger to the public.
"He`s a danger to the public. He`ll be a danger to witnesses. He must stay in jail. He`s already shown how dangerous he can be for what he did to Reeva," he was quoted as saying by The Guardian on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family