RGKA to give sports infrastrictire in JK a turnaround: Taj
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has said the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan (RGKA), a scheme launched by Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, is all set to give sports infrastructure in the state a massive boost.
This was stated by the Minister for Medical Education, Youth Services and Sports, Taj Mohi-ud-Din while replying to a discussion on demand on grants for the Youth Services and Sports Department in the House on Thursday.
The Minister said under the scheme, every panchayat would have a sports field and every block would have a sports complex comprising an indoor complex and every district would have sports academy.
He said once executed on the ground, the scheme would not only strengthen the sports infrastructure in the state but also expand it to the areas which were not having it till date.
Taj said since he took over, he has given the consolidation and upgradation of sports infrastructure a priority and many stadiums have been upgraded, improved and provided with better facilities.
He said the indoor stadium in Srinagar has been given a new look and similarly at the M A Stadium Jammu many new sports disciplines including swimming pool, skating rink, basketball court are being added.
He said sports infrastructure is also being upgraded at Udhampur, Baramulla, Akhnoor, Sopore, Tral, Kishtwar, Kupwara and other areas.
The Minister said many big projects like laying of astro turf at Baramulla, artificial football ground at Srinagar, developing indoor stadium at Jammu, are in advance stages of completion.
He said every high school has been asked to build teams in football, hockey and cricket to prepare future players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri
- Malegaon blasts: Special NIA court rejects bail plea of Sadhvi Pragya