RGKA to give sports infrastrictire in JK a turnaround: Taj
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has said the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan (RGKA), a scheme launched by Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, is all set to give sports infrastructure in the state a massive boost.
This was stated by the Minister for Medical Education, Youth Services and Sports, Taj Mohi-ud-Din while replying to a discussion on demand on grants for the Youth Services and Sports Department in the House on Thursday.
The Minister said under the scheme, every panchayat would have a sports field and every block would have a sports complex comprising an indoor complex and every district would have sports academy.
He said once executed on the ground, the scheme would not only strengthen the sports infrastructure in the state but also expand it to the areas which were not having it till date.
Taj said since he took over, he has given the consolidation and upgradation of sports infrastructure a priority and many stadiums have been upgraded, improved and provided with better facilities.
He said the indoor stadium in Srinagar has been given a new look and similarly at the M A Stadium Jammu many new sports disciplines including swimming pool, skating rink, basketball court are being added.
He said sports infrastructure is also being upgraded at Udhampur, Baramulla, Akhnoor, Sopore, Tral, Kishtwar, Kupwara and other areas.
The Minister said many big projects like laying of astro turf at Baramulla, artificial football ground at Srinagar, developing indoor stadium at Jammu, are in advance stages of completion.
He said every high school has been asked to build teams in football, hockey and cricket to prepare future players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway