Rio organisers deny Olympic delays
Rio de Janeiro: Rio de Janeiro officials have denied reports of major delays to the city`s 2016 Olympic preparations.
Local daily Estado de S.Paulo reported that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) had identified "serious concerns" in an internal document.
The report came as IOC members met with local organising committee members Sunday to discuss the progress of Rio`s Olympic projects, reports Xinhua.
"There is no secret document. At the meetings that I took part in today, the IOC did not show any concern with anything in particular," local organising committee president Carlos Arthur Nuzman said.
Rio`s mayor Eduardo Paes also rejected claims the Games` preparations were behind schedule.
"The governments has access to these documents. There is nothing new," Paes said.
IOC members will Tuesday travel to Buenos Aires where they will announce the host of the 2020 Games, Sep 7. The final candidates are Madrid, Istanbul and Tokyo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday