Rio organisers deny Olympic delays
Rio de Janeiro: Rio de Janeiro officials have denied reports of major delays to the city`s 2016 Olympic preparations.
Local daily Estado de S.Paulo reported that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) had identified "serious concerns" in an internal document.
The report came as IOC members met with local organising committee members Sunday to discuss the progress of Rio`s Olympic projects, reports Xinhua.
"There is no secret document. At the meetings that I took part in today, the IOC did not show any concern with anything in particular," local organising committee president Carlos Arthur Nuzman said.
Rio`s mayor Eduardo Paes also rejected claims the Games` preparations were behind schedule.
"The governments has access to these documents. There is nothing new," Paes said.
IOC members will Tuesday travel to Buenos Aires where they will announce the host of the 2020 Games, Sep 7. The final candidates are Madrid, Istanbul and Tokyo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!