Rio organisers deny Olympic delays
Rio de Janeiro: Rio de Janeiro officials have denied reports of major delays to the city`s 2016 Olympic preparations.
Local daily Estado de S.Paulo reported that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) had identified "serious concerns" in an internal document.
The report came as IOC members met with local organising committee members Sunday to discuss the progress of Rio`s Olympic projects, reports Xinhua.
"There is no secret document. At the meetings that I took part in today, the IOC did not show any concern with anything in particular," local organising committee president Carlos Arthur Nuzman said.
Rio`s mayor Eduardo Paes also rejected claims the Games` preparations were behind schedule.
"The governments has access to these documents. There is nothing new," Paes said.
IOC members will Tuesday travel to Buenos Aires where they will announce the host of the 2020 Games, Sep 7. The final candidates are Madrid, Istanbul and Tokyo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof