Ritusha will deliver at CWG women`s hockey: Rani
Glasgow: Seasoned player Rani said young teammate Ritusha Arya will be a weapon when the Indian women`s hockey team begins its campaign at the Commonwealth Games which starts July 24 here.
Ritusha has been in prime form lately as she returned from the tour of Malaysia, which India won 6-0, as the highest goalscorer.
“Ritusha, with only 15 caps, proved to be a big threat to the defence of the opponent during our tour to Malaysia as well as the recent international matches that we have played," said forward Rani, who has 111 caps.
"During our preparations here, she looks in form and will soon be seen in action again.
Poonam Rani and I am happy with her in the team as she has complemented our play on the field since the day she has made her international debut,” added Rani, who will be representing India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India start their campaign against Canada (July 24), before taking on New Zealand (July 27), Trinidad and Tobago (July 28) and South Africa (July 30). The top two teams from both groups will proceed to the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018
- PCB to send Mohammad Hafeez to England for knee-injury treatment
- China says extremely dissatisfied with G7 statement on South China Sea
- Ice age on Mars took place 400,000 years ago, claim scientists