Ritusha will deliver at CWG women`s hockey: Rani
Glasgow: Seasoned player Rani said young teammate Ritusha Arya will be a weapon when the Indian women`s hockey team begins its campaign at the Commonwealth Games which starts July 24 here.
Ritusha has been in prime form lately as she returned from the tour of Malaysia, which India won 6-0, as the highest goalscorer.
“Ritusha, with only 15 caps, proved to be a big threat to the defence of the opponent during our tour to Malaysia as well as the recent international matches that we have played," said forward Rani, who has 111 caps.
"During our preparations here, she looks in form and will soon be seen in action again.
Poonam Rani and I am happy with her in the team as she has complemented our play on the field since the day she has made her international debut,” added Rani, who will be representing India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India start their campaign against Canada (July 24), before taking on New Zealand (July 27), Trinidad and Tobago (July 28) and South Africa (July 30). The top two teams from both groups will proceed to the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?