Ritusha will deliver at CWG women`s hockey: Rani
Glasgow: Seasoned player Rani said young teammate Ritusha Arya will be a weapon when the Indian women`s hockey team begins its campaign at the Commonwealth Games which starts July 24 here.
Ritusha has been in prime form lately as she returned from the tour of Malaysia, which India won 6-0, as the highest goalscorer.
“Ritusha, with only 15 caps, proved to be a big threat to the defence of the opponent during our tour to Malaysia as well as the recent international matches that we have played," said forward Rani, who has 111 caps.
"During our preparations here, she looks in form and will soon be seen in action again.
Poonam Rani and I am happy with her in the team as she has complemented our play on the field since the day she has made her international debut,” added Rani, who will be representing India for the second time at the Commonwealth Games.
Placed in Group A, India start their campaign against Canada (July 24), before taking on New Zealand (July 27), Trinidad and Tobago (July 28) and South Africa (July 30). The top two teams from both groups will proceed to the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read