Roadmap for India’s return to Olympics has been finalised, says Sports Minister
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Sports Minister Jitender Singh said on Thursday that the meeting with the International Olympic Committee was a success.
According to the Sports Minister, the IOC has decided to pave the way to lift the ban on IOA and a roadmap for India’s comeback to the international Olympic fold has been chalked out.
He said that principles of good governance and ethics were discussed with the IOC and went on to add that the Government had no intentions of interfering in the internal affairs of the the National Sports Federation.
He also said that the IOC has agreed to work along with the Government in drafting the proposed National Sports Bill. He added that the first draft of the bill should be ready by June 30.
The Sports Minister further said that he expects all matters to be solved within 60 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...