Roadmap for India’s return to Olympics has been finalised, says Sports Minister
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Sports Minister Jitender Singh said on Thursday that the meeting with the International Olympic Committee was a success.
According to the Sports Minister, the IOC has decided to pave the way to lift the ban on IOA and a roadmap for India’s comeback to the international Olympic fold has been chalked out.
He said that principles of good governance and ethics were discussed with the IOC and went on to add that the Government had no intentions of interfering in the internal affairs of the the National Sports Federation.
He also said that the IOC has agreed to work along with the Government in drafting the proposed National Sports Bill. He added that the first draft of the bill should be ready by June 30.
The Sports Minister further said that he expects all matters to be solved within 60 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what