Roadmap for India’s return to Olympics has been finalised, says Sports Minister
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Sports Minister Jitender Singh said on Thursday that the meeting with the International Olympic Committee was a success.
According to the Sports Minister, the IOC has decided to pave the way to lift the ban on IOA and a roadmap for India’s comeback to the international Olympic fold has been chalked out.
He said that principles of good governance and ethics were discussed with the IOC and went on to add that the Government had no intentions of interfering in the internal affairs of the the National Sports Federation.
He also said that the IOC has agreed to work along with the Government in drafting the proposed National Sports Bill. He added that the first draft of the bill should be ready by June 30.
The Sports Minister further said that he expects all matters to be solved within 60 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi